Sunday, April 4, 2010

The emotional process, weeks 13-21

This pregnancy has been mild in most every respect, and I must say I'm aware that this mildness includes my emotions -- I have been pretty much mostly myself.
Mostly.
Only, I cried when I got a B+ in my research class last quarter.
And I cried when Steve stayed out a little later than I expected.
And if I bump into inanimate objects I have a tendency to punch them.
And I am filled with love for Steve like those very first months, only with the familiarity of the last six years making it that much sweeter.
Much like Acorn's thunka-thunking, these peaks of emotion are still very much intermittent, but from the bigger picture they are more frequent and their onset more sudden.
So there you have it -- no pregnancy is a cake walk, but I'm pretty sure I'm walking on cupcakes, which I'm feeling very lucky about.
Feeling lucky is probably my number one emotion since we got that big fat positive 5 months ago.

0 comments :