Saturday, May 22, 2010

The stupidest thing I have done so far...

...was decide to walk over to DU and back to pick up a paper. Today. In 90 degree heat. With the dog. While 7 months pregnant.
I had no idea that such a mundane task -- a 20 minute walk -- would devour my body of all energy reserves, to the point where I felt woozy for the last 5 minutes of the walk. We didn't walk far. We didn't walk fast. There was a pleasantly strong breeze for the duration. The terrain was flat. I was wearing a hat. And yet by the time I got back to our block I was practically euphoric with fatigue.
I happened to catch Steve just as he was about to leave for the grocery store. And for only the second time in seven months of pregnancy I asked him to go out and buy me something -- a slurpee. A nice red non-caffeinated slurpee from the 7-11 100 feet from our house, full of ice and coldness and more ice.
He got back with it 5 minutes ago, and it is already 7/8ths gone, and tastes like manna from heaven.
Wow. Lesson learned.

0 comments :