Sunday, August 22, 2010

in labor

I woke up this morning (meaning Saturday, 8/21) with mild contractions. I spent the day with phases of consistently-happening-but-irregularly-timed contractions and interludes where I'd get maybe one or two and hour. At about 9:30pm they resumed consistency with irregularity and escalated in pain, but by 11pm they began to be relatively consistent -- and as of right now, they are less than 5 minutes apart and have been so for about 45 minutes. Another 15 minutes and we've hit the threshold to call the OB office and alert the doc, and then head to the hospital. Technically you're supposed to call when they're 5 minutes apart, 1 minute long each, and have occurred for at least 1 hour. Since I'm actually averaging more like 3-4 minutes apart in the second part of this hour, I may have already passed that threshold, so maybe I'll call now.
*Not* looking forward to the car ride.
In any case, this is probably my last update as a pregnant woman. If you're reading this blog entry on Sunday morning of 8/22 and you haven't received a phone call yet, expect one soon!
Wish us luck!

1 comments :

  1. Brian Guppy said...

    I'm excited for you guys - can't wait to hear the news.