Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Results

The OB office called me back with my results today -- I don't have gestational diabetes. Woohoo!! My sugar intake is appropriate! My baby is not going to come out weighing 30 pounds!
But...my iron count was a little low. So I'll be taking an iron supplement on top of the prenatal vitamins.
To tell you the truth, I am not at all surprised to hear this. Back in San Francisco I used to try to give blood at least once a year. For the last four of my five years there, my iron count was always just a smidge too low. I would load up on spinach and red meat but I could never beat the test. (I could never get in the habit of just taking a supplement back then.) So now that my body has extra onus on it, I'm actually kind of pleased to hear that my iron count is just a little too low, rather than a lot.
They want to retest in 8 weeks, which will be once I'm in CT, but I'll make sure the new OB follows up on it. I'll be at 36 weeks and needing all the iron I can get if I'm going to be about to birth a baby!

0 comments :