Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Steveidarity

Of the many things I must deny myself - alcohol, caffeine, sugar - Steve promised me solidarity on just one: sushi. Tonight I put him to the test: we were going to celebrate his new job and ended up deciding on a Japanese restaurant. We sat there in an environment where we'd eaten sushi and instead ordered things we'd never bothered to before, and lo and behold it was good. It was a trial for Steve, I'm sure, in that unlike me it was the first time he had to deny himself something on behalf of this pregnancy, but to have his solidarity on this one silly thing made me so grateful. And I'm guessing this is just the beginning.

3 comments :

  1. Unknown said...

    Ummmm.... job? I don't care what the them of this blog is, an update on the job situation comes before an update on your sushi eating habits!

  2. Pete said...

    Agreed! Where,what,huh?

  3. ~Elise~ said...

    Here's a wacky idea -- email the guy yourself and let him tell you! (Nevermind because I already did that for both of you.) I don't care that you don't care what the theme of this blog is -- you're getting a theme and it's being stuck to!