Friday, March 5, 2010

Party in the front, business in the back

Alright, people, the bump is official. I can still pretty much button pants (thanks especially to the low-rise trend) but it's more of an effort. And while I've had extra padding on my belly for quite some time, now I can feel hard muscle wall behind it. We had our 16 week check up today and she said it's about 3 centimeters below my belly button, which is normal. I also gained 4 pounds, so my campaign to eat more and better is working. It's funny, The Book has me pegged: "You may be feeling some frustration because your normal clothes don't fit but you're still too small for maternity clothes." Yup, that about covers it (or doesn't).
The official presence of the bump happens to coincide with being on my third day of lower back pain. This is very normal in early pregnancy and there's no bleeding or cramping, so nothing to worry about. I finally realized that I'd had to drive instead of walk to classes this week and that meant I got no exercise. I've got two more finals to go (winter quarter ends next week!) and then I hope to build walking into my schedule much more regularly. I know Tika won't object. :) In the meantime I'm keeping an eye on my posture, sleeping on my side with a pillow between my knees, and taking tylenol when necessary.

0 comments :